Director, Product Management & Design
Jan 2018 — Present
Currently, I’m serving as a dual-function Product Designer and Product Manager for the Portal, which to use my best business speak, is a SaaS dashboard giving internal employees and external clients access to most of AdColony services including operational functions and reporting.
I act as the single point of contact for global commercial and operation teams with regard to feature development, onboarding, and support throughout the Portal. I also lead strategy, vision, and rationale for all feature development and ensure mission critical features are translated into usable features within the contrainst of the resources available across the org. I also oversee a development team of software engineers and quality assurance, priortizing and executing on product development and support, and ensuring our team has the full context and specifications of each project and has a clear vision of success.
Director, Product Design
Apr 2014 — Dec 2018
Lead and manage an incredible Product Design Team unifying vision and voice, mentoring talent, fostering career growth, leading critiques and user interviews, and ensuring first-class user experience execution through all products in the AdColony organization. Product Design focus primarily on operations/analytics dashboards and creative tools for desktop web, which service all clients and employees in the org.
• Work cross-functionally with leaders of other functions (e.g. Product, Design, Engineering, QA, Operations and Commercial) to develop and execute our evolving product development process, ensuring that teams are collaborating effectively to execute on company strategy. Ensure teams are delivering high-quality work that delivers on business strategy and mission.
• Partner with Product and Commercial leaders to understand core business problems, define product priorities, roadmap strategy, and feature specifications, as well as identify and define opportunities for Product Design to accomplish company strategy and missions.
• Established durable design systems across several products to streamline production, familiarity, and efficiency.
Feb 2011 — Mar 2014
Responsible for all aspects of design throughout the org including Creative Services (Video and Interactive), Brand Identity Marketing, and UI/UX Design. Grew an incredible team of Interactive and Motion Graphics Designers from the ground up producing award winning Interactive and Video Creative for Fortune 500 companies and top mobile gaming companies.
Nov 2009 — Jan 2011
• Led Game Art and Creative Advertising teams. Core skills included art direction, illustration, UI design, and motion graphics design.
• Recruited and maintained relationships with freelance video producers.
• Led Art Direction and Design for all Jirbo Games (200+) across iOS and Android, including multiple Top 10 iOS products including Sovereign: Kingdoms, Tap Reef, and more.
Jan 2009 — Oct 2009
• First designer at early stage mobile gaming studio responsible for all Design functions in the organization from Game Art/Sound Design and Marketing Materials.
• Jirbo, Inc. was an early iTunes App Store app developer launching over 200 apps/games and generating over 40 million downloads across iOS and Android.
Web Designer/Front End Developer
Sep 2008 — Jul 2009
• Collaborated with Department Chair and other faculty stakeholders to launch a publicly accessible video archive of notable guest lecturer presentations given at the Design | Media Arts campus at UCLA. Responsible for design and front end development.
• Partnered with design leads and faculty stakeholders to realize the department rebranding through all web identity executions.
UCLA Outdoor Adventures
Sep 2007 — Jul 2009
UCLA Outdoor Adventures is a division of the Recreation Department that offers UCLA students and community guided backpacking, rock climbing and kayaking trips in wilderness areas surrounding Los Angeles
If you've made it this far down the page, and still want to learn a little more about me, you can check out some photos I've posted to Instagram. I'm very dedicated to getting outside as often as I can, especially to climb, surf, hike, and spending time with great folks.